Technology In Action, Introductory (8th Edition)
In today’s technological age, computer literacy is important for everyone, and now learning the basics is easier than ever. A Computer Concepts Text Focused on Today’s Student,Technology in Action engages students by combining a unique teaching approach with rich companion media. The eighth edition has been updated to reflect the latest developments in computer technology. New interactive learning tools have also been added to enhance student engagement.
Student CD is included with every text, containing:
· Sound Bytes: Multimedia lessons that demystify computer concepts with audio and video presentations.
· Sound Byte Podcasts: The Sound Bytes are now also available as podcasts.
· Active Helpdesk Calls: Highly interactive, engaging, almost game-like media that places the student in the role of a helpdesk staffer answering computer technology questions from callers.
Why Computers Matter to You: Becoming Computer Literate; The History of the PC; Looking at Computers: Understanding the Parts; Using the Internet; Ethics; Application Software: Programs That Let You Work and Play; Using System Software: The Operating System, Utility Programs, and File Management; Understanding and Assessing Hardware; Networking and Security: Hackers and Viruses; Protecting Your Computer and Backing Up Your Data; Mobile Computing; Digital Entertainment; System Hardware
With an array of fun and engaging learning tools, Technology in Action teaches students computer fundamentals, from learning Microsoft Office to setting up their own home network.
- Export Citation(BiBTeX, EndNote, RefMan)
- Download multimedia files (txt, html, PDF)
- 0131391585.pdf (text only)
- 0131391585.zip (currently not available)
You can search on LeatherBound to download or purchase an ebook.