Language Disorders From Infancy Through Adolescence: Assessment And Intervention
Authors: Rhea Paul PhD CCC-SLP
Keywords: assessment, intervention, adolescence, infancy, disorders, language
Category: Audiology & Speech Pathology, Allied Health Professions, Medical, Professional & Technical,
ISBN-10: 0323036856 ISBN-13: 9780323036856
Binding: Hardcover (3)
List Price: 115.00 USD
The new edition of this popular text provides essential guidance for properly assessing childhood language disorders and providing appropriate treatment. Coverage includes the entire developmental period through adolescence, as well as additional concepts related to child language disorders such as prevention, syndromes associated with language disorders, and multicultural practice. Using a descriptive-developmental approach (also known as communication-language approach), this resource presents basic concepts and vocabulary used in the field, an overview of key issues and controversies, an understanding of the scope of communicative difficulties that make up child language disorders, and information on how language pathologists approach the assessment and intervention processes.
- Provides detailed information on how to implement assessment and intervention procedures in clinical practice.
- Features such as case studies, clinical vignettes, and suggested projects help readers apply key information to real-life situations.
- A straightforward writing style makes this book easy to read and understand.
- More than 250 tables and boxes summarize important information such as dialogue examples, sample assessment plans, assessment and intervention principles, activities, and sample transcripts.
- Practice exercises with sample transcripts allow readers to practice different methods of analysis.
- Helpful study guides at the end of each chapter help readers review and apply what they have learned.
- Communication development milestones are printed on the inside front cover for quick access.
- Completely updated content includes new research, new techniques, current trends, and new information sources.
- Features an increased emphasis on evidence-based practice.
- Chapter objectives have been added to each chapter.
- Includes additional case studies and vignettes that illustrate practical applications of key concepts.
- A companion CD-ROM bound in the text offers video clips and suggested projects for each chapter.
- A detailed list of tables, boxes, and illustrations - with corresponding page numbers - is located at the front of the book for quick reference.
Download Data provided by OpenISBN Project and others:
- Export Citation(BiBTeX, EndNote, RefMan)
- Download multimedia files (txt, html, PDF)
- 0323036856.pdf (text only)
- 0323036856.zip (currently not available)
You can search on LeatherBound to download or purchase an ebook.
Searching Book Reviews...