Criminal Procedure: Investigation & Right To Counsel, 2nd Edition (Aspen Casebook)
Publisher: Aspen Publishers
Keywords: counsel, aspen, right, procedure, investigation, criminal
Category: Criminal Procedure, Criminal Law,
ISBN-10: 0735587809 ISBN-13: 9780735587809
Binding: Paperback (2)
List Price: 171.00 USD
The Second Edition of this sophisticated book adds new co-author, Andrew Leipold, one of the nation's leading criminal procedure scholars, who brings a wealth of knowledge and teaching experience to the new edition.
Written by an outstanding author team, this casebook offers:
- A manageable, accessible format.
- Thematic organization, structured around important main themes:
- Real-world implications of alternative regulatory regimes
- The power of legislatures to indirectly eliminate procedural rights through changes in substantive criminal law
- Modern law of criminal procedure as a direct consequence of the effort to end racial discrimination in the United States
- The impact of limited resources
- Sound grounding in the criminal process and the right to council.
- Thorough coverage of
- Boyd v. United State
- The Fourth Amendment
- The Fifth Amendment
- Investigating Complex Crimes
New to the Second Edition:
- Updated throughout.
- Substantial revision of Chapter 3, Right to Counsel, fully incorporating recent and important developments in the areas of ineffective assistance and self-representation, and improving both content and organization of cases and notes throughout the chapter.
- Reworking of Chapter 6, the Fifth Amendment, taking into account Supreme Court's recent line of Miranda decisions, as well as the recent dismantling of Michigan v. Jackson doctrine regarding the Sixth Amendment right to counsel.
- Export Citation(BiBTeX, EndNote, RefMan)
- Download multimedia files (txt, html, PDF)
- 0735587809.pdf (text only)
- 0735587809.zip (currently not available)
You can search on LeatherBound to download or purchase an ebook.