Classroom Instruction That Works: Research-Based Strategies For Increasing Student Achievement
Publisher: Association For Supervision & Curriculum Deve
Keywords: strategies, increasing, stude, based, research, instruction, works, classroom
Category: Education, Nonfiction,
ISBN-10: 0871205041 ISBN-13: 9780871205049
Binding: Paperback (1)
List Price: 24.95 USD
* Identifying similarities and differences.
* Summarizing and note taking.
* Reinforcing effort and providing recognition.
* Homework and practice.
* Nonlinguistic representations.
* Cooperative learning.
* Setting objectives and providing feedback.
* Generating and testing hypotheses.
* Questions, cues, and advance organizers.
This list is not new. But what is surprising is finding out what a big difference it makes, for example, when students learn how to take good notes, work in groups, and use graphic organizers. The authors provide statistical effect sizes and show how these translate into percentile gains for students, for each strategy. And each chapter presents extended classroom examples of teachers and students in action; models of successful instruction; and many "frames," rubrics, organizers, and charts to help teachers plan and implement the strategies.
- Export Citation(BiBTeX, EndNote, RefMan)
- Download multimedia files (txt, html, PDF)
- 0871205041.pdf (text only)
- 0871205041.zip (currently not available)
You can search on LeatherBound to download or purchase an ebook.