Introduction To Communications Technologies: A Guide For Non-Engineers, Third Edition
Publisher: CRC Press
Keywords: engineers, third, guide, communications, technologies, introduction
Category: Internet, Groupware, & Telecommunications, Networking & Cloud Computing, Computers & Technology,
ISBN-10: 1498702945 ISBN-13: 9781498702942
Binding: Kindle Edi (3)
List Price: Unknown
Thanks to the advancement of faster processors within communication devices, there has been a rapid change in how information is modulated, multiplexed, managed, and moved. While formulas and functions are critical in creating the granular components and operations of individual technologies, understanding the applications and their purposes in the business environment only requires a basic scientific background. The third edition of Introduction to Communications Technologies: A Guide for Non-Engineers helps students in telecommunications business programs become familiar with and stay abreast of the ever-changing technology surrounding their industry.
Used in the core curriculum at Ball State University’s graduate professional program in Information and Communication Sciences, this textbook is designed for graduate and undergraduate students who do not necessarily have a high level of technical expertise, but need to have some understanding of the technical functions of information and communication technologies to prepare them for working in a corporate environment.
See What’s New in the Third Edition:
- Significant updates to the following chapters: Modulation Schemes; Signaling Formats, Multiplexing, and Digital Transmission; Packet Switching and Local Area Networks; Mobile Wireless Technologies; Network Security and Management
- Added coverage of OFDMA, Metro Ethernet, 5G pre-standard configuration, ‘apps’ on mobile devices, and VoIP core switching
- New chapters on Big Data and the Cloud
Avoiding complicated equations and the need for calculus gymnastics, this textbook provides non-engineering students with a firm background and a broad understanding of the knowledge necessary to work within the fast-paced and ever-changing communications industry.
- Export Citation(BiBTeX, EndNote, RefMan)
- Download multimedia files (txt, html, PDF)
- 1498702945.pdf (text only)
- 1498702945.zip (currently not available)
You can search on LeatherBound to download or purchase an ebook.