The Bipolar Disorder Survival Guide, Second Edition: What You And Your Family Need To Know
Authors: David J. Miklowitz PhD
Publisher: The Guilford Press
Keywords: second, family, guide, survival, disorder, bipolar
Category: Bipolar, Mental Health, Health, Mind & Body,
ISBN-10: 1606235427 ISBN-13: 9781606235423
Binding: Paperback (Second Edition)
List Price: 19.95 USD
Getting an accurate diagnosis is the first step toward reclaiming your life from bipolar disorder. But if you or someone you love is struggling with the frantic highs and crushing lows of this illness, there are still many hurdles to surmount at home, at work, and in daily life. You need current information and practical problem-solving advice you can count on. You've come to the right place.
* How can you distinguish between early warning signs of bipolar mood swings and normal ups and downs?
* What medications are available, and what are their side effects?
* What should you do when you find yourself escalating into mania or descending into depression?
* How can you tell your coworkers about your illness without endangering your career?
* If you have a family member with bipolar disorder, how can you provide constructive help and support?
Trusted authority Dr. David J. Miklowitz offers straight talk, true stories, and proven strategies that can help you achieve greater balance and free yourself from out-of-control moods. The updated second edition of this bestselling guide has the latest facts on medications and therapy, an expanded discussion of parenting issues for bipolar adults, and a new chapter, "For Women Only."
Download Data provided by OpenISBN Project and others:
- Export Citation(BiBTeX, EndNote, RefMan)
- Download multimedia files (txt, html, PDF)
- 1606235427.pdf (text only)
- 1606235427.zip (currently not available)
You can search on LeatherBound to download or purchase an ebook.
Searching Book Reviews...