How Your House Works: A Visual Guide To Understanding & Maintaining Your Home
Publisher: R.S. Means Company
Keywords: maintaining, understanding, guide, works, visual, house
Category: Home Repair, How-to & Home Improvements, Home & Garden,
ISBN-10: 0876290152 ISBN-13: 9780876290156
Binding: Paperback (1)
List Price: 21.95 USD
There's no question that it pays to be an informed consumer. Knowledge of your home's systems helps you control repair and construction costs and make sure the correct elements are being installed or replaced.
This book uncovers the mysteries behind just about every major appliance and building element in your house. Clear, "exploded" drawings show you exactly how these things should be put together and how they function – what to check if they don't work, and what you can do that might save you having to call in a professional.
The easy-to-understand pictures and explanations on every page get right to the point, helping you understand how things work, what can go wrong, and how to trouble-shoot a problem.
Virtually everything in your house is included:
- Electrical – circuit breakers and grounding, service, outlets, lamps and fixtures.
- Heating and air conditioning – gas, electrical and oil - ductwork and piping, thermostats, central and window AC units, humidifiers and dehumidifiers, and air filtering systems.
- Plumbing – kitchen and bath fixtures, piping, water heaters, traps and vents, septic tanks, pumps and water softener systems – even sprinkler systems and swimming pool filters/heaters.
- Major household appliances – from kitchen to laundry.
- Foundation, framing, doors and windows – including issues like drainage and radon, types of framing and how it supports the house, and all types of doors and windows.
- Export Citation(BiBTeX, EndNote, RefMan)
- Download multimedia files (txt, html, PDF)
- 0876290152.pdf (text only)
- 0876290152.zip (currently not available)
You can search on LeatherBound to download or purchase an ebook.