Helping Your Anxious Child: A Step-by-Step Guide For Parents
Publisher: New Harbinger Publications
Keywords: parents, guide, child, anxious, helping
Category: Anxiety Disorders, Mental Health, Health, Fitness & Dieting,
ISBN-10: 1608823911 ISBN-13: 9781608823918
Binding: Kindle Edi (2)
List Price: Unknown
Most children are afraid of the dark. Some fear monsters under the bed. But 10 percent of children have excessive fears and worries—phobias, separation anxiety, panic attacks, social anxiety, or obsessive-compulsive disorder—that can hold them back and keep them from fully enjoying childhood. If your child suffers from any of these forms of anxiety, the program in this book offers practical, scientifically proven tools that can help.Now in its second edition, Helping Your Anxious Child has been expanded and updated to include the latest research and techniques for managing child anxiety. You’ll learn how to help your child overcome intense fears and worries and find out how to relieve anxious feelings while parenting with compassion.
- Help your child practice “detective thinking” to recognize irrational worries
- What to do when your child becomes frightened
- How to gently and gradually expose your child to challenging situations
- Help your child learn important social skills
This book has been awarded The Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies Self-Help Seal of Merit — an award bestowed on outstanding self-help books that are consistent with cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) principles and that incorporate scientifically tested strategies for overcoming mental health difficulties. Used alone or in conjunction with therapy, our books offer powerful tools readers can use to jump-start changes in their lives.
- Export Citation(BiBTeX, EndNote, RefMan)
- Download multimedia files (txt, html, PDF)
- 1608823911.pdf (text only)
- 1608823911.zip (currently not available)
You can search on LeatherBound to download or purchase an ebook.